Thank you for your interest in Kresge!
The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 largest foundations in assets in the United States. It is metro Detroit's largest private national foundation. With a $3.6 billion endowment, and a growing staff of nearly 100 employees, we work to expand opportunities in America's cities for low-income people.
We do this through grantmaking and social investing nationally in arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and community development in Detroit. The foundation’s state-of-the-art, LEED Platinum-certified headquarters is located in metropolitan Detroit. Kresge operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
The Kresge Foundation, an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeks to reach a broad and diverse candidate pool when filling vacant positions. We believe that our grantees, employees and the foundation benefit from the various perspectives and talents of a diverse staff.
Deputy Director, Human Services
May 29, 2016
Do you know a friend or colleague who would qualify for a vacant position and excel at Kresge? Please share the position announcement.
How we manage our resourcesPictured: Chera Reid, Director of Learning and Evaluation
How we treat one anotherPictured: Hugh McDiarmid, Communications Officer, and Kim Heron, Senior Communications Officer
How we approach our workPictured: Joyce Holliman, Grants Management Associate, and Sue Randall, Grants Management Associate
How we work with othersPictured: Christopher K. Shen, Investment Associate, and Tim A. Zotov, Investment Analyst
How we invest in our peoplePictured: Ra’mona Mayberry, Grants Management Assistant
Pictured: Rip Rapson, President & CEO, with four of Kresge’s summer 2015 interns.
Working at Kresge
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements. If you would like to be part of a creative and collegial team, enjoy a fast-paced work environment dedicated to improving the lives of others and strive to grow professionally, Kresge would like to hear from you.
Our Hiring Process
Full job descriptions and position requirements for all vacant positions can be accessed from the Job Board. Open positions are usually posted for 30 to 60 days.
We do not accept unsolicited applications and encourage interested job seekers to apply only for vacant positions.
Here is what you, as an applicant, can expect:
- Kresge confirms receipt of all applications by email.
- The foundation uses a rolling review process, considering applications in the order received.
- A hiring committee assesses the candidate pool.
- We interview first-round candidates by phone or in person, and invite finalists to Kresge’s headquarters for follow-up interviews.
- We keep our Job Board current so applicants can check the status of a particular search at any time.
- We notify applicants by email when they no longer are being considered or a search has concluded.
Benefits start with you. We offer our employees and their spouses and dependent children a total compensation package that safeguards and looks after all aspects of your life. Some of these benefits include:
- Healthcare coverage and employer-paid dental and vision coverage
- 401(K) employer-contribution and employee-match programs
- Life insurance at no cost
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program, along with travel and identity theft support
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
- 3:1 matching gifts program to 501(c)(3) organizations.
We also provide breakfast, lunch and snacks daily, along with robust professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement. Kresge promotes and supports a healthy and green work environment and the embrace and practice of our values of creativity, respect, opportunity, partnership, and stewardship.
Kresge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.