Racial Equity Learning Program
How to Apply
If your organization is interested in participating in the Program, we recommend this process for considering the different options available, expressing your initial interest, and ultimately applying.
- Discuss these Reflection Questions with your team to collectively consider your current racial equity strengths and opportunities.
- The Reflection Questions are designed to help a group within your organization reflect on the progress of the organization’s racial equity efforts, consider what support may be needed in the next 1-2 years, and how the Program could most effectively help you build on your current work. We will request for you to upload your responses to these questions as a part of the application. (see the Reflection Question document for more information about how the responses will be used)
- Review the information about available services on the website or download this printable version of all services available and discuss the different service offering in the context of your organization’s strengths, opportunities, goals and priorities.
- Use the responses to the Reflection Questions to help you identify which groups of services you are most interested in, and which services within those groups your organization prefers.
- Identify someone who can represent the organization as the organizational point of contact for this Program
- If needed, reconvene your team to finalize your organization’s interest in participating and preference for services in this Program. Please click here to download and review a PDF of the full program application.
- Identify the services groups that interest you
- Within each of those groups of interest, rank the available services.
- For your each service you are interested in, consider:
- Whether you meet all, most or some of the readiness markers and participation requirements for each of the services
- Who on your team might participate in each of the services and compare those individuals’ availability to the potential timeline for the services (Note: scheduling conflicts will not immediately exclude you from participation; this thinking is intended to help support your planning efforts on the services that interest you the most)
- Please also consider your organization's ability to cover travel expenses for applicable programs – whether your organization could cover all, most, or none of the costs. The Foundation does not want travel costs to be a barrier to participation and will provide travel stipends during the program to help offset some of the costs of travel. We will share more information about that support when it is available.
- Organizational point of contact completes the online Program Application by Friday, June 8.
Application Overview and Timeline
- April 23-May 4:
- Consider the recommended process on the website to reflect and identify the services that you think could align well with your racial equity needs and goals and fit within your organization’s capacity to dedicate to the program.
- Fill out the Initial Interest Form to indicate which 3 services you are most interested in learning more about. Please note: How you rank providers in this initial form will not have any impact on who you are ultimately matched with. You will indicate your final preferences in the Program Application, which will be sent by May 11.
- May 7: Meet the Providers Webinar, an opportunity to connect directly with potential service providers. Please note: if you are unable to attend the webinar but are still interested in the Program, we ask that you let us know by filling out the Initial Interest Form
- May 11-June 8: Application Period (you will receive an email following the webinar with instructions)
- June: Grantees matched by Community Wealth Partners (CWP) to highly-ranked services
- June-July: Conversations between grantees and providers to learn more about one another, confirm the service is a good match, and discuss logistical details (e.g., specific service dates, locations, communications norms, etc.)
- August-September: Program Launch
- September 2018-August 2019: Service Delivery
- September 2019: Program Ends