The Kresge Foundation has announced a $3.6 million funding opportunity to strengthen partnerships between community colleges and human services nonprofits that connect people with low incomes in cities to critical human service supports and educational pathways that advance social and economic mobility.
Through the BOOST funding opportunity, Kresge will award up to eight grants of up to $450,000 each to qualifying partnerships between community colleges and nonprofit human services nonprofits.
To be eligible:
- Partnerships must include at least one community college and at least one nonprofit human services organization
- Human services nonprofits should advance the social and economic mobility of their clients using a two-generation, whole family approach and exhibit the qualities of Next Generation human services organizations, which:
- Are person-centered.
- Are outcomes-based.
- Are data-driven.
- Apply a racial equity lens.
- Focus on greater sector impact and systems change.
- Community colleges must be members of the Achieving the Dream Network
For additional information, please refer to the following resources:
Completed applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on July 26, 2019.