Interaction Institute for Social Change
IISC’s mission is to build the collaborative capacity of individuals, organizations, and networks to pursue social justice and racial equity. IISC recently approved a strategic direction for the next three to five years that is grounded in our 25-year history of strengthening collaboration and addressing critical future needs of our sector and the world. We will innovate at the intersection of equity, networks, and love, making racial equity our core strategic focus. We believe that racial equity is a critical driver of transformational collaboration in this era.
Advancing Racial Justice in Organizations
This is a workshop for organizational leaders who want to put their commitment to racial justice into practice within their organizations and through their strategy and programming. The workshop centers on understanding the system of racialization, as well as concepts and tools for facilitating a collaborative planning process to develop plans for operationalizing racial justice and pursuing racial equity.
This is a one-day workshop for two participants from your organization with a virtual follow-up session.
Grantee Readiness Markers
Participants have familiarity and comfort engaging around core racial equity concepts (e.g., structural racism, implicit bias, privilege).
Expected Grantee Outcomes
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop action steps for operationalizing racial justice in your organization
- Connect with a peer network of leaders who are addressing racial justice in and through their organizations
- Use language and analysis of institutional and structural racism that are commonly used in the field to analyze your organization and its work
- Clarify the importance of, and make the case for, addressing racism and pursuing racial justice within your organization
- Understand how to find and use a variety of tools and protocols to address racism and pursue racial justice
Grantee Participation Requirements
- Attend a 1 day in-person workshop with two participants from each organization
- Join a 2 hour virtual follow-up session 3-4 weeks after the workshop
Participants must commit to the entire time for the face-to-face workshop, plus the virtual follow up session. Please arrange travel accordingly.
Service Dates and Locations
- In-person workshop: November 7, 2019, 9:00am to 5:00pm ET
- Workshop Location: The Nonprofit Center, Boston, MA
- Virtual Follow-up: December 4, 2019 2-4pm ET