Beware of Scams
Make sure you're dealing with the real Kresge Foundation. Individuals sometimes fraudulently pose online as Kresge. These scams typically work by contacting potential and existing grantees to suggest that funds are available or forthcoming if personal identification and financial information are provided. These solicitations are illegal misrepresentations of the foundation and the grantmaking work we do.
To be clear, The Kresge Foundation and its employees do not:
- Sponsor lotteries of any kind.
- Solicit donations of any kind.
- Ask for personal information.
- Approach individuals offering grant opportunities or scholarships.
- Require/request grantees to pay insurance, deposits, or delivery and administrative fees for grant funds.
- Request funds through email, text/phone or social media, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instant Messenger.
- Offer investment opportunities.
- Request conference fees or fees to apply for jobs.
If you receive a communication that appears to be from Kresge for any type of payment or personal and/or financial information, or if you receive a communication seemingly from the foundation that you feel is suspicious, please disregard that communication. We would appreciate your reporting any fraudulent communications to us at: email@example.com.