Please be advised that individuals have been fraudulently posing online, in emails, on social media, instant messenger and phone/text as “representatives” of The Kresge Foundation. These individuals are using the foundation’s name without authorization and have contacted potential and existing grantees to suggest that funds are forthcoming if personal identification and financial information is provided.
These messages are fraudulent. These are scams and an illegal misrepresentation of the foundation and the grantmaking work we do.
To be clear, The Kresge Foundation and its employees do not:
- Sponsor lotteries of any kind.
- Solicit donations of any kind.
- Ask for personal information.
- Approach individuals offering grant opportunities or scholarships.
- Require/request grantees to pay insurance, deposits, or delivery and administrative fees for grant funds.
- Request funds through email, text/phone or social media, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instant Messenger.
- Offer investment opportunities.
- Request conference fees or fees to apply for jobs.
If you receive any form of communication that appears to be from Kresge for any type of payment or personal and/or financial information, or if you receive a communication seemingly from the foundation that you feel is suspicious, please disregard that communication. We would appreciate your reporting any fraudulent communications to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.