Commongood Careers: Senior-Level Recruitment Services and Diversity Recruitment Training
With more than 11 years of experience partnering with innovative nonprofit organizations across the country, Commongood Careers brings unprecedented recruitment and search management experience, hiring for positions at all levels of the organizational chart as well as across all functional areas. Our niche is working specifically with high-performing nonprofit organizations that are making a significant contribution in their community and mission area. For more information, visit www.commongoodcareers.org.
Through our partnership with The Kresge Foundation, Commongood Careers will provide a best-in-class retained search experience for your organization as well as a customized training on recruiting a diverse pool of candidates and creating inclusive hiring practices.As such, the engagement will both meet a critical and distinct organizational need as well as provide important capacity-building support for future hiring. Through a search partnership, Commongood Careers will help scope the specific role for which you are hiring, create a detailed and customized work plan, recruit both active and passive candidates through multiple strategies, conduct two steps of preliminary candidate assessment, and provide ongoing support, advice, and counsel to the hiring organization.
Commongood Careers applies our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity to all our search work, ensuring that a diverse pool of candidates is developed for each search and that hiring practices are inclusive and effective. Through the customized training included with the search partnership, Commongood Careers will spend a day and a half with members of your team to understand the concept of employer value proposition as it relates to recruiting and hiring a diverse team, strategies for recruiting and outreach, and effective and inclusive hiring practices.
- Organizational Need: Have an upcoming hiring need for a senior role (e.g. Director, VP, C-Suite) for which the organization would like to utilize the services of a search firm; specific hiring need must be a good fit with Commongood Careers’ experience and model. (Note: Any anticipated hiring needs during calendar year 2017 could qualify, even if the specifics of the need are not yet known and the support may not be needed until later in 2017.)
- Equity Commitment: Organizations have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and are open to new ways of working to advance team members’ skills in bringing that lens to the recruiting and hiring processes.
- Personnel Commitment:
- Assign an individual hiring manager willing to invest the time and energy in a search partnership with Commongood Careers.
- Goals of the training and time required for team member participation will be determined in collaboration with Commongood Careers.
- Time Commitment: Partnership continues until hire is made and training occurs (typically within six months).
- 1.5 days with multiple members of team to discuss recruitment and hiring practices.
- Consistent commitment (approximately two-three hours a week) from hiring manager throughout search process (typically lasting no more than six months).
- Financial Commitment: Be able to co-invest $5,000 by end of calendar year 2017 to cover the nonsubsidized portion of the search fee.
If the hiring need is for an Executive Director or Chief Executive Officer, the following guidelines apply:
- Organizational budget of $10 million or less.
- Search Committee in place with a clear and effective chair who will serve as point person.
- General alignment among decision-makers on the ideal candidate profile.