Mission and Values
To promote human progress.
We advance our mission by:
- creating access and opportunity in underserved communities,
- improving the health of low-income people,
- supporting artistic expression,
- increasing college achievement,
- assisting in the revitalization of Detroit, and
- advancing methods for addressing global climate change.
What we do
We work to create opportunity, have community impact, foster institutional transformation, and promote environmental conservation.
How we do it
We practice calculated risk taking, a commitment to innovation and collaboration, and a belief in the intrinsic benefits of diversity.
Why we do what we do
We fulfill our mission to promote human progress by helping to improve the lives of poor and low-income children and adults.